TALKAM Human Rights Advocacy Course(supported by United States Embassy Nigeria)
December 2, 2020
ABOUT THE TALKAM HUMAN RIGHTS COURSE:
The human rights advocacy course is designed build the capacity of 50 young people in Nigeria on combating gender-based violence, human trafficking and child abuse, equip them with knowledge on monitoring, reporting cases and referring victims to appropriate places to get support. Participants will be engaged in campaigning against human rights abuses as part of their community project.
Each of the 50 participants will be required to carry out community projects within their states of residence. The community project is part of TAKE ACTION expected of every participant to do. Each of the participants will be required to do a step-down awareness to at least 30 people and to carry out other related human rights tasks, including using TALKAM App to report human rights abuses.
• To foster action against human rights abuses (human trafficking, gender-based violence, and child abuse)
• To increase reportage, documentation and responses to human rights abuses using TALKAM Human Rights Reporting Mobile App (www.talkam.org).
• To build a sustainable movement of young people in Nigeria against human rights abuses.
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO APPLICANTS:
1. Only 50 applicants will be selected. Participants will be selected from across the six geopolitical zones in Nigeria.
2. The course will include: virtual training, online learning, and human rights community service/tasks. Only those who complete these tasks will be qualified to receive certificates.
3. Facilitators include human rights experts from Nigeria and United States of America
4. Participants must not be involved or promote any form of human rights abuse.
5. Before receiving Certificates:
a. -Participants must complete the three courses
b. -Participants must carry out an action every month till the final course
c. -Participants must score at least 70 percent before participating in the next course
d. -Participants must send their Take Action Report.
6. The three most performing human rights advocates will be given prizes during the certificate award ceremony.
7. The Virtual (Zoom) training will hold on 15th and 16th December 2020, 28th January 2021 and 28th March 2021.
8. Certificate Award Ceremony will hold in April, 2020. (This is strictly for applicants who completed their courses and tasks).
Deadline for registration: 10th December, 2020
Only selected participants will be sent a look link. The rest can use
For inquiries, contact: 08067251727 or email@example.com